Mid July we got a call from a woman explaining that her 91 yr old grandmother was having problems in her apartment and needed assistance. As always we were happy to oblige! Getting a distress call from someone in their 90's is not a typical call for us. Most service calls we get are from people who seem to range anywhere from their teens to maybe their 50's. I imagine this maybe because of how generations view the paranormal. Most 90 yr olds are not influenced by popular television, as the newer generations are. So to get this call, we immediately were fascinated in finding out the details. To keep this from being a long drug out blog I will break this down into a couple segements. Click here for Part 2.
On this investigation are Scott Wolf, Anna Hill, Faye Navarro, and Roxi Rodriguez.
The fact that the client is in tears and visibly shaken by these events, makes us feel that she is genuine in her experiences and is not fabricating any details.
- Phantom touching. Client is touched and pushed while in her bed.
- TVs being turned on and off .
- A remote that was disassembled being reassembled. The client's remote had stopped working, she opened the back, put new batteries in and was having a hard time putting it back together. Knowing her granddaughter would return the next day, she left the remote sitting batteries exposed facing up with the compartment door sitting beside the remote. The next morning she awoke and found the remote sitting with the compartment closed and the remote was sitting upright.
A psychic was called they charged the client a consult fee. The client was told that this is possibly a male Indian in the home.
- We got an EVP of what maybe a male protesting this claim.
A couple from the Catholic church, came in to do a blessing on the home. Before leaving the wife turns to a doll in the living room and says "AND YOU BEHAVE!" she then turns to the client and tells her, "that doll is no good, I would not have it".
- Doll impression. It immediately catches the attention of a couple of team members, Anna and Faye, upon entering the location. It's easy to be drawn to it, although it isn't necessarily creepy in nature. Even when you are not looking at the doll, or it is out of your peripheral vision, its easy to feel hyper aware of it. Not sure what to make of this doll as this point. (During this observation we have yet to be made aware of the blessing done by the previous)
Client feels uneasy about the doll.
3) What's changed in the past 7 weeks to cause this woman who has lived in her home for 12 yrs to suddenly have paranormal occurrences? We asked the client to think hard about anything that has changed during the onset of these experiences. After being asked, she perks up and points to some records, and then the doll. These items were given to her by a friend, a pastor, who's wife (a friend of the client 50 years) had passed away. The husband himself is terminally ill and is clearing belongings out. The doll nearly meets a dumpster, but the client asks to keep it. Immediately strange things begin to happen in the house.
We conduct a very short 2 part investigation of the clients home. Because of her age we are unable to conduct long sessions. She is very leery of the doll. Next question, if this doll is removed, will occurrences still occur? The client has asked us to please remove the doll from her home. We are reluctant because this is not something we typically do, and we DO NOT advise teams to remove anything from a clients home unless specifically asked to do so. Never claim an item haunted and remove it, this in our opinion is unethical. We do not have the right to deem any item haunted without proper investigation and research into such item.
|A doll named "Sue". Sue is actually a 1940's Gerber Baby Department Store Mannequin, and weighs approximately 8lbs.|
*** this case remains open and inconclusive. We make no claims that this doll is haunted.....yet......